Thursday, July 16, 2009

HIVE OF DREAMS - “Queen-Beez Journey” Part -3

A fortnight ago I talked about how I got introduced to the exiting world of poker and how I have never looked back since then. Gradually looking forward to my weekly poker game with Australian Poker League (APL) became routine. Even though I was enjoying this new found sport, I was battling one major part of the game, when I was chipped up.

It was like I felt I didn’t deserve them or hey Cindy you are not good enough for free poker and within minutes of having a deep stack I would be out with a sense of relief. It was as if I could not handle the pressure.

This was only one of many battles that I endured during my 2 years of free poker.... From taking 7 months to win my first game to being verbally abused, asked to step outside with me replying "I am a girl you know", chair being thrown, dealing with highly intoxicated players, intimidation, players calling with anything cause its a free roll, being slandered by another player involving a shirt and much more. This journey is not the place for the woes of my poker tournaments but it is all about sharing how i have been able to achieve my destiny.

My passion for poker was strong. Everything that I was confronted with made me more determined to strive above the negative and into the positives of why I was there. To play Texas hold em and be the best at enjoying the ultimate win....

My journey from here on will take you through the ups and downs of how and why I am where I am today. Maybe one of you will feel the same strength and determination as I did and also pursue your own destiny.

Stay tuned for part .4. a buzzing idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RAIDBET.NET

RAIDBET.NET
Poker - Simplicity, Fun and Entertaining