Thursday, July 16, 2009

HIVE OF DREAMS - “Queen-Beez Journey” Part -4

I made a decision, this is my journey and my goal, that nothing would stand in my way. I would hold my head high, no matter what. As my game grew so did the negatives, especially after I had my first win. It was as if nobody wanted me to achieve. I decided to make a promise to myself that I would make it my goal to not only improve my poker game but also to put a smile on every ones faces and help them feel great and enjoy the poker environment in a positive way.


I started turning up early, making sure everyone was happy before the game commenced, helping new players, running to the bar, grabbing players numbers and keeping them updated each week on up and coming poker tournaments and anything exciting or sad involving our new poker family. I encouraged players into conversations on the break that they never normally joined in. I enjoyed stepping back and seeing the laughter and fun everyone was having. It was not just about the poker to me now, it became about the players too. APL advertised poker as fun, free and entertaining. That is what it finally started to turn into for me. I began to thrive both socially as well as in my poker game.

It is amazing what you can achieve by putting in your maximum whole hearted effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RAIDBET.NET

RAIDBET.NET
Poker - Simplicity, Fun and Entertaining